Ascott Analytical Atmosfär / Atmosfär Lite chambers
Two model sizes:
- 1300 Liter
- 2600 Liter
Designed specifically to comply with Ford and Volvo cyclic corrosion test (CCT) standards:
- Ford CETP 00.00-L-467
- Volvo VCS 1027, 149 (ACT-1)
- Volvo VCS 1027, 1449 (ACT-2)
- Volvo STD 423-0014
- Volvo STD 1027,1375
Introduction to the Atmosfär Chamber:
The Volvo & Ford CCT test standards are unlike other automotive corrosion tests in the way the salt solution is applied to the samples. The application method is to spray this solution directly on to the samples under test from a swaying spray-bar, located high above the samples. During this phase of the test cycle, the spray bar sways backwards and forwards inside the chamber, spraying salt solution from an array of specially selected spray nozzles, each with a ‘fan shape’ spray pattern. This creates a uniform spray which is then ‘swept’ over the surfaces of the samples under test, as the spray bar sways backwards and forwards.
However, thanks to its unique design – featuring a novel magnetic drive system for the spray bar, this can also easily be removed to allow the chamber to comply with other more conventional salt spray and CCT specifications, using the usual Ascott salt spray atomiser which is also fitted as standard.
In addition, the Atmosfär is supplied with a separate refrigerated air conditioning unit which circulates temperature and humidity controlled air through the chamber. This is required at certain points in the above tests in order to achieve low controlled humidity levels as well as rapid rates of change to the temperature and humidity. This unit also has the ability to refrigerate the chamber to –20C, if and when required by other tests standards, or if the user is interested in examining the performance of their products under freeze/thaw conditions.
All Ascott Atmosfär chambers feature:
- Spraybar with spray from above, directly on to the samples. Can be removed from the chamber if conventional salts pray test is too be performed inside.
- Climatic control with the ability to go down to -20C. (Min temp with Atmosfär Lite is 5C)
- Touch-screen, full color user control interface, employing the latest version of our highly intuitive operating software, for ease of programming and use.
- The operating software has a very large capacity for the creation of complex multi-step test programs, so that the widest possible range of test profiles can be accommodated.
- The icon based control interface offers a variety of languages built-in for ease of understanding and use.
- RJ45 communications port enabling the chamber to be wired or wirelessly connected to a local area network (LAN) for logging and remote programming via a computer running optional software.
- A real-time, user configurable ‘clock’ to enable different test samples to be batched and have their exposure time monitored separately, with alarms to warn when a pre-set test period has been completed.
- Touch-screen operator control interface.
- ‘Easy Open’ pneumatically operated canopy.
- Dry seal gasket prevents wetting operator’s clothes, etc.
- Low loading threshold for loading and unloading.
- Large capacity salt solution reservoir mounted on castors for mobility.
- Calibration certificate.
- Canopy color choice.
- Set of sample racks.
- Interior viewing window.
- Consumables spares kit.
- Easily accessible salt spray atomizer(s) in transparent hard-wearing acrylic.
- Purge of the cabinet interior with fresh air after testing and before the chamber is opened.
Modes of Operation
Ascott CCT chambers are designed to be flexible enough to comply with as many different CCT specifications as possible. As standard they come with the ability to create 4 distinct climates:
- Salt spray, from above or below
- Condensation humidity (wetting)
- Air drying
- Controlled humidity, both with or with out external unit
– which may be programmed to occur in any sequence and be repeated automatically. By choosing from a wide range of optional accessories, these climates may be added to as required to further extend the number of climates and conditions that can be created.
|Atmosfär test chambers||AT1300iP/Lite||AT1300iP/1||AT1300iP/2||AT2600iP/Lite||AT2600iP/1||AT2600iP/2|
|Minimum Controlled Temperature||20°C/68°F||-20°C/-4°F||-40°C/ -40°F||20°C/68°F||-20°C/-4°F||-40°C/ -40°F|
|Chamber Capacity||1300 Ltrs/45.9 cu.ft||1300 Ltrs/45.9 cu.ft||1300 Ltrs/45.9 cu.ft||2600 Ltrs/91.8 cu.ft||2600 Ltrs/91.8 cu.ft||2600 Ltrs/91.8 cu.ft|
|Chamber weight (estimated, without optional accessories)||340 kg||340 kg||340 kg||440 kg||440 kg||440 kg|
|Mounting Format||Floor standing||Floor standing||Floor standing||Floor standing||Floor standing||Floor standing|
|Chamber external dims, max||W||2025mm/80.0″||2025mm/80.0″||2025mm/80.0″||2885mm/113.6″||2885mm/113.6″||2885mm/113.6″|
|Chamber internal dims, max||W||1300mm/51.2″||1300mm/51.2″||1300mm/51.2″||2160mm/85.0″||2160mm/85.0″||2160mm/85.0″|
|Salt solution reservoir||W||560mm/22.0″||560mm/22.0″||560mm/22.0″||560mm/22.0″||560mm/22.0″||560mm/22.0″|
|115 Ltrs/30.4 US gal||D||620mm/24.5″||620mm/24.5″||620mm/24.5″||620mm/24.5″||620mm/24.5″||620mm/24.5″|
|Separate unit, one supplied to deliver salt water to the conventional salt spray atomizer||H||675mm/26.6″||675mm/26.6″||675mm/26.6″||675mm/26.6″||675mm/26.6″||675mm/26.6″|
|Salt solution reservoir||W||840mm/34.0″||840mm/34.0″||840mm/34.0″||840mm/34.0″||840mm/34.0″||840mm/34.0″|
|160 Ltrs/42.2 US gal||D||500mm/19.7″||500mm/19.7″||500mm/19.7″||500mm/19.7″||500mm/19.7″||500mm/19.7″|
|Separate unit, one supplied to deliver salt water to the spray bar||H||790mm/31.1″||790mm/31.1″||790mm/31.1″||790mm/31.1″||790mm/31.1″||790mm/31.1″|
|Chamber construction||Glass reinforced plastic, Polypropylene & PVC parts|
|Color||9 standard colors to choose from|
|Electricity supply||Two 3-phase electrical supplies are required (one for the chamber and one for the separate air conditioning unit). The voltage (VAC) and frequency (Hz) are dependent on country/region of installation (to be confirmed at the time of ordering).|
|Water||The air saturator, humidity generator and salt solution reservoir all require separate connections to a continuous, pressurized deionized/distilled water supply of 2.0–5.0 bar (29–73 psi).|
|Air||Clean dry & oil free compressed air, 4.0 to 6.0 bar (58-87psi) with 240 Ltrs (8.5cu.ft) per minute flow. Two separate supplies are required, one for the chamber and one for the separate salt solution reservoir.|
|Exhaust||3m (10ft) exhaust pipe is provided which should be terminated outside building.|
|Drain||3m (10ft) drain pipe provided which should be terminated into floor level drain.|
|Operating environment conditions||Indoors, with ambient maintained at +18 to +23°C (+64 to 73°F), 85% max RH (non-condensing).|
All Ascott test chambers are supplied complete and ready to run. Optional accessories may not therefore be necessary, but some may be considered desirable.
Use the link below to see the Ascott Accessories for salt spray chambers:
Ascott Salt Spray Chamber Accessories