RYCOLAB – Bekk smoothness tester for paper & board
Fully automated measuring
This air leak smoothness test is useful for very smooth surfaces, for example, coated label papers, coated free sheet, or other very smooth papers. Test results generate with the Bekk tester have shown excellent correlation with print smoothness evaluations using offset ink. Likewise, Bekk results have shown good agreement with subjective evaluations of low angle illuminated surface photomicrographs. Surface integrity is particularly important for printing papers. The surface fibers must be sufficiently bonded to those beneath the surface and the coating bond to the fiber matrix must be sound.
The sample is placed below the measuring head. On pushing the start
button, the 10 kg weight lowers onto the sample and helps to hold it
tight to the glass plate. The built-in vacuum pump evacuates the selected
tank to a vacuum of -50.7 kPa. Dependent on the surface roughness of
the sample, atmospheric air is drawn in between the glass plate and the
sample. The time taken for the vacuum to reach -48.0 kPa (res. 29.3 kPa)
is displayed in BEKK seconds. Ten seconds after the test has started a
preview is displayed to give an estimation of the result in advance.
- Fully automated measuring cycle, sample is not
- Adjustable feet for the equipment leveling.
- Big Color Touch Screen.
- Full Statistics, with graphs, average, deviation, min
and max value, etc.
- 3 volume selectable (380, 38 and 19 ml)
- Built in weight of 10 kilos.
- Selectable measuring ranges:
–50.7 to -48.0 kPa & 50.7-29.3 kPa
- Measuring area of 10 cm2.
- Photocell for automatic test when positioning the sample,
or manual test.
- RS-232 interface for connection to management and
- USB connection for maintenance works and for connection
with USB printer.
- CE mark
- Selectable measuring ranges : 50.7-48.0 kPa and 50.7-29.3 kPa
- Measuring area: 10 cm2
- Selectable volumes: 380 ml (1:1), 38 ml (1:10), 19 ml (1:20)
- Measuring accuracy: 0.01 sec
- Preview calculation already after 10 sec
- Measuring mode: Underside
- Easy handling due to touchscreen
- Parallel printer connection
- Serial data interface RS 232
- Dimensions: 27 x 68 x 60 cm (W x D x H)
- Net weight: 23kg
- DIN 53107
- TAPPI T749
- ISO 5627