Bubble Pressure Tensiometer – BPT Mobile
Mobile quality control for cleaning and coating baths
Industrial quality assurance is about reliability, speed, and ease of use. When it comes to regular checks of the cleaner or wetting agent content in a bath, our Bubble Pressure Tensiometer – BPT Mobile is prepared for these demands.
Quality at a touch
With the intuitive touch display, working with the BPT Mobile is almost like doing quality tests with a smartphone. Thanks to the large display, functions are easy to hit – even with lab gloves. Programmed measurement templates and the fact that the instrument is insensitive to changing immersion depths provide for user-independent quality control.
Includes all software it needs
Our BPT Mobile works independently from a computer or the power grid and is simply recharged via USB. Up to 2 million results find room in a clear, customizable folder structure. The display shows all necessary graphical representations and makes evaluation in other software obsolete – yet possible thanks to a fast data export to Excel.
Don’t bother with subsequent cleaning
We have replaced costly, high-maintenance permanent capillaries that are customary for the bubble pressure technique with disposable ones. Inserting and ejecting them is a matter of seconds, cleaning them a matter of the past. The temperature sensor, which is read out for each measured value, can also be quickly removed when testing soiling or corrosive solutions.
Three measuring modes for every QC task
- With just a click, a Monitoring measurement gives the instant result in the framework of the regular quality routine. The BPT Mobile uses a defined bubble production speed (surface age), presents the result within seconds and automatically evaluates it using pre-defined quality limits. Charts with the history of results, even independently for several baths, help you estimate when the content will leave the quality range so you can intervene in time.
- Measurements in the Continuous mode record a live value over time. When adding the active substance to the bath you instantly see the effect and know exactly when to stop.
- The Dynamic mode of the BPT Mobile can spare you a separate lab instrument for setting up the quality process. With a wide surface age range between 10 and 30,000 ms, this mode reveals the dynamic behavior of the surfactant. Using curves for different concentrations, you will not only find the optimum surface age for the regular Monitoring measurements, but also know what concentration is related to each result.
Tasks and applications
Checking the content of cleaner or wetting agent in a bath is an important QC task in many industrial processes:
- Cleaning as a preparation step before coating or bonding
- Coating of solar cells
- Etching, e.g. for circuit boards
Measuring methods and options
- Bubble Pressure method: SFT is measured using the internal pressure of a bubble at an immersed capillary
- Monitoring at a single surface age with evaluation based on predefined limits
- Continuous measurement of SFT while changing the concentration
- Determination of the SFT dependent on surface age between 10 and 30,000 ms
- Temperature measurement and documentation