MMT® – Moisture Management Tester
An Innovative Instrument for Innovative Fabrics
While performance fabrics require the typical standard tests of other fabrics, they also require an extra level of specialized
testing to assure their engineered properties. The MMT provides this by measuring, evaluating and classifying liquid
management properties of fabrics.
The ATCC Test Method 195 and GB/T 21655.2 were developed based on the MMT.
Easy to use
Measure, evaluate, and classify liquid management properties of fabrics quickly and easily.
- Sample is placed horizontally in the instrument between the upper and lower sensors
- The solution, representing perspiration, is dropped on the center of the sample
- As the solution moves through and across the sample, the changes in electrical
resistance are measured and recorded
A 2-minute test gives a comprehensive profile of a fabric’s performance,
producing the following data:
- Overall Moisture Management Capacity Accumulative One-Way Transport Capacity
- Wetting Time for top and bottom surfaces
- Absorption Rate for top and bottom surfaces
- Max Wetted Radius for top and bottom surfaces
- Spreading Speed top and bottom surfaces
Reliable. Accessible. Accurate
The upper sensor and protective translucent draft shield are motorized to automatically move
into position at the beginning and end of the test run. The sample is behind a draft shield to
protect the sample during the test. The translucent draft shield allows the user to observe the
test in progress.
The open style cabinet allows easy access to both the samples and the instrument components.
Sensors can be removed easily for routine cleaning and maintenance.
A center lamp allows the operator to precisely place the sample, increasing test repeatability
and reproducibility. To ensure reliability of the test results the MMT is supplied with a
- AATCC 195
- GB 21655.2