Excellent precision on opaque, transparent, translucent, and even dark and
highly saturated samples
The UltraScan VIS easily measures both reflected and transmitted color as well as transmission haze and meets CIE, ASTM and USP guidelines for accurate color measurement. UltraScan VIS uses diffuse/8° geometry with automated specular component inclusion/exclusion. For transmission measurement, the use of a robust CIE-conforming sphere instrument (TTRAN Total Transmission mode) effectively negates the effects of minor scattering typically found in transparent samples.
Because of its exceptional inter-instrument agreement and long-term stability, you can be confident that differences between measurements are due to product color changes, not instrument variability. Materials on the borderline of accepted tolerances will not be unnecessarily rejected.
- Measures reflectance, transmittance and transmission haze
- Measurement Principle: Dual-beam spectrophotometer
- Geometry: Diffuse d/8° reflectance, d/8° total transmission,
d/0° regular transmission
- Sphere Diameter: 152 mm (6 in.)
- Wavelength Resolution: < 2 nm
- Wavelength range 350 nm – 780 nm
- 10 nm optical resolution and reporting interval
- Two reflectance measurement areas
- Exceptional inter-instrument agreement
- Automated UV calibration and control
- Large transmission compartment open on three sides
- Includes EasyMatch QC software
Standards Traceability: Instrument standard assignment in accordance with National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) following practices described in CIE Publication 44 and ASTM E259.
- Bio Pharma