UVC Test® Fluorescent / UV Instrument
Pioneering instrument to test durability of materials to UVC radiation
The Atlas UVC Test is designed to test the durability of materials exposed to UVC radiation (centered at 254nm) that is becoming more and more popular as a means to sterilize surfaces. This instrument is based on the popular UV Test fluorescent/UV platform, with special modifications made for safety and reliability. The UVC Test is another innovative offering following Atlas’ tradition and over 100 years of expertise.
Due to Covid-19 and other factors, UV-C is becoming more and more popular as a means to sterilize surfaces. Main applications are automotive interior, trains, planes, textiles, plastics, coated surfaces, as well as furniture in public, educational, health and other facilities. UV C radiation is considerably more aggressive to most materials than sunlight and may add a new risk factor for product failure.
UVC radiation (200-280nm) does not reach the earth’s surface, but sterilization devices, using a light source centered at 254nm are becoming more and more popular, and the applications for their use are increasing considerably. Those additives and formulations protecting polymers and coatings from sunlight may not be designed to protect materials from this shorter wavelength radiation.
- 8 fluorescent UVC-254 lamps – 40 W
- Black Panel Temperature (BPT) control
- Door safety and over-temperature shutoff
- CE compliance and UL & CSA certified
- Specimen holders
- Multi-language touch screen display
- Irradiance calibration safety access ports
- Ergonomically designed specimen retaining rings
- Hand-held irradiance calibrator
- Stacking kit
- WXView Data Acquisition Package
- Backer boxes for 3-dimensional and oddly shaped specimens