Box compression tester (BCT)
Compression strength tester
Fully automated measuring
Compressive strength or compression strength is the capacity of a material to withstand loads tending to reduce size. For finished packages, compression test can be used to measure compressive resistance, deformation and stacking capability. The Box compression tester conforms ISTA 6 – Amazon.com.
The corrugated box or packaging to be tested must be placed
centered in the lower plate of the compression tester. When the
test begins, the upper plate will displace downward and a load
will begin to be applied to the specimen. This force is captured by
means of the three load cells located under the lower plate. When
the system detects the sample breaking, the upper plate returns to
the initial position at maximum speed.
- High rigidity steel frame
- The guiding of the movable plate is made by means of four
cylindrical column-guide and low friction linear bearings.
- Two low friction balls spindles
- Force capture system equipped with 3 load cells placed
under the lower plate
- Driven by D.C. Servo-motor and reductor to achieve stable
speeds in the full scale
- Emergency push button
- Possibility of two types of upper movable plate : fix and
parallel to the inferior plate and movable with
omni-directional ball, oscillating plate
- Optical deformation encoder
- Configuration of testing and approaching speeds between
1 and 400 mm/min.
- Security: Electronic (program) and physical (limit switches)
protection against overload
- RS-232 interface for connection to management and
- Force readings with a resolution of 0.004 % of the FS, and
extension readings with a resolution of 0.01 mm.
- Accuracy <1% of the applied force in a range between 2%
and 100% of the full scale
- CE mark
- Machine controlled by means of a touch screen and two
- Through the visualization and control screen, the total
control and configuration of the machine can be
- Easy and intuitive operation of the control menu,
configurable in different languages.
- Possibility of selecting and defining multiple test results.
Two result tables with a maximum of 10 result types and
20 test results per table.
- Possibility of display the test results in graphic way.
- Statistical control. Mean value, standard deviation and
maximum and minimum values.
- Different configurable units for the force, extension and
- Test maneuver with automatic return to initial position at
maximum speed (400 mm/min).
- Setting of different breaking and pre-load levels.
- Periodical program updates
(without additional costs)
The Box Compression Tester BCT can be manufactured with
different plates sizes and force ranges. Consult your provider about
- DIN EN 22872
- ISO 12048
- TAPPI T804
- UNE 57163/5
- FEFCO Nº50