Ascott Analytical Salt Spray Chambers
Six model sizes:
- 120 Ltr (4.2 cu ft)
- 450 Ltr (15.8 cu ft)
- 1000 Ltr (35.3 cu ft)
- 1300 Ltr (45.9 cu ft)
- 2000 Ltr (70.6 cu ft)
- 2600 Ltr (91.8 cu ft)
Two specification levels:
- StandardStandard models meet the requirements of basic, continuous salt spray tests conducted at a single temperature only, such as ASTM B117 and similar international test standards, and may be used with pH neutral salt solutions (NSS) or those acidified by the addition of Acetic Acid (ASS) or Cupric Acid (CASS).
- PremiumPremium models can perform the same basic salt spray tests, but in addition are equipped with extra features which enable them to undertake ‘modified’ tests such as those defined in ASTM G85. Here conventional salt spray is often combined with one other climate, in a two-part cycle, to accelerate the test. For example: salt spray and condensation humidity (SWAAT) or salt spray and drying (PROHESION) or salt spray and SO2 testing.
All Ascott corrosion test chamber models feature:
- Touch-screen operator control interface.
- ‘Easy Open’ pneumatically operated canopy.
- Dry seal gasket prevents wetting operator’s clothes, etc.
- Low loading threshold for loading and unloading.
- Large capacity floor standing salt solution reservoir.
- Calibration certificate.
- Canopy color choice.
- Set of sample racks.
- Interior viewing window.
- Consumables spares kit.
- Easily accessible salt spray atomizer(s) in transparent hard-wearing acrylic.
- Purge of the cabinet interior with fresh air after testing and before the chamber is opened.
Additional features of Premium Salt Spray Chambers:
- Touch-screen, full color user control interface, employing the latest version of our highly intuitive operating software, for ease of programming and use.
- The operating software has a very large capacity for the creation of complex multi-step test programmes, so that the widest possible range of test profiles can be accommodated.
- The icon based control interface offers a variety of languages built-in for ease of understanding and use.
- RJ45 communications port enabling the chamber to be wired or wirelessly connected to a local area network (LAN) for logging and remote programming via a computer running optional software.
- A real-time, user configurable ‘clock’ to enable different test samples to be batched and have their exposure time monitored separately, with alarms to warn when a pre-set test period has been completed.
Standard and Premium model specifications to cover every need:
Standard chambers feature all the facilities described in the chamber key features and have:
- alpha-numeric messaging interface for programming and control commands
- hours run counter
Standard chambers cover the requirements for continuous salt spray testing to ASTM B117 & similar international salt spray test standards.
Premium chambers feature all the facilities of the Standard models and:
- touch screen, menu driven programming with graphical logging actual & set conditions
- user programmable for ’modified’ salt spray tests
For Salt Spray Testing to ASTM B117, ASTM G85 (Annex A1, A2, A3, A4* & A5) & Humidity Testing to ASTM D2247 & similar test standards.
|Temperature range||Adjustable from ambient to +50°C/+122°F|
|Salt spray fall-out rates||Adjustable from 0.5 to 2.5 ml per 80 cm2 per hour|
|Wetting mode (Premium chambers only)||Adjustable from ambient to +50°C/+122°F|
|Drying mode (Premium chambers only)||Adjustable from ambient to +50°C/+122°F|
|Standard salt spray chambers||S120is||S450is||S1000is||S2000is|
|Premium salt spray chambers||S120ip||S450ip||S1000ip||S2000ip|
|Chamber Capacity||120 Ltrs/
|Mounting Format||Bench top||Floor standing||Floor standing||Floor standing|
|Chamber external dims, max||W||1315mm/51.8″||1660mm/65.4″||2025mm/80.0″||2885mm/113.6″|
|Chamber internal dims, max||W||715mm/28.2″||1010mm/39.5″||1300mm/51.2″||2160mm/85.0″|
|Salt solution reservoir ext. dims.||W||n/a (integral)||460mm/18.1″||560mm/22.0″||560mm/22.0″|
|Salt solution reservoir capacity for extra capacity, see optional accessory ACC02||40 Ltrs/
|Removable slotted sample racks see also optional accessories
|4 racks each with 23 angled slots||6 racks each
with 28 angled slots
|8 racks each with 46 angled slots||16 racks each with 46 angled slots|
|Chamber construction||Glass reinforced plastic, Polypropylene & PVC parts|
|Color||9 standard colors to choose from|
|Voltage (VAC) and frequency (Hz) dependant on country/region of installation|
|Water||Deionized/distilled for topping up air saturator and making salt solution. Air saturator requires a continuous water connection 0.5-6.0 bar (7.3-87 psi). If air saturator is topped up manually option ACC66 must be ordered|
|Air||Clean dry & oil free, 4.0 to 6.0 bar (58-87psi) with 240 Ltrs (8.5cu.ft) per minute flow|
|Exhaust||3m (10ft) exhaust pipe is provided which should be terminated outside building|
|Drain||3m (10ft) drain pipe provided which should be terminated into floor level drain|
|Operating environment conditions||+18 to +23°C (+64 to 73°F), 85% max RH (non condensing) ambient|
*requires optional accessory; ACC46
All Ascott test chambers are supplied complete and ready to run. Optional accessories may not therefore be necessary, but some may be considered desirable.
Use the link below to see the Ascott Accessories for salt spray chambers:
Ascott Salt Spray Chamber Accessories