Premium Atmosfär Chambers
Fully automatic laboratory-accelerated atmospheric corrosion testing
From the moment Ascott first introduced its ground-breaking Atmosfär chamber in 2013, it has become synonymous with meeting the most demanding of corrosion tests, particularly as used in the automotive industry, where the testing standards are very high indeed. Over the intervening years, the Atmosfär chamber range has evolved as the corrosion test standards themselves have evolved and become ever more demanding. The breadth of climates that can be created within an Atmosfär chamber is matched only by the precision with which these different climates can be controlled. An Atmosfär chamber is truly without equal in the world of corrosion testing, in terms of its flexibility and the wide range of corrosion test standards that can be accomplished. The latest generation of Atmosfär chamber, which we call the AtmosfärPremium model range, continues this tradition, and includes the most comprehensive specification, multiple test standard compliance, accuracy and repeatability of test results. There are two sizes of Atmosfär chamber each offered with various choices of refrigeration system and the choice of air cooled or water cooled sub-zero units, making a ten model line-up in total.
AT1300IP/10 and AT2600IP/10.
AT1300IP/8, AT1300IP/11, AT2600IP/8 and AT2600IP/11.
AT1300IP/9, AT1300IP/12, AT2600IP/9 and AT2600IP/12.
Designed to comply to world wide corrosion standards:
- FORD CEPT 00.00-L-467
- Renault D17 2028 (ECC-1)
- RNES – G -00005 / 0006 / 0007
- Toyota 1555G (Method C)
- Volvo VCS 1027,149 (ACT-1)
- Volvo VCS 1027,1449 (ACT-2)
- SCANIA STD4319
- VDA 233-102
- Honda 5100Z
- Hyundai/Kia CCT-B
- VW PV 1200
- VW PV 1209
- Plus all standards achieved by
Ascott standard CCT chambers.
See leaflet for full list of Standards.
- Spraybar with spray from above, directly on to the samples. (Can be removed from the chamber if conventional salts pray test is too be performed inside. )
- Climatic control with the ability to go down to -400C. (Min temp with Atmosfär Premium Lite is +5C)
- Refrigeration unit available with water cooled option (dependent on model ordered).
- Graphical display on chamber for temperature and relative humidity.
- The operating software has a very large capacity for the creation of complex multi-step test programs, so that the widest possible range of test profiles can be accommodated.
- RJ45 communications port enabling the chamber to be wired or wirelessly connected to a local area network (LAN) for logging and remote programming via a computer running optional software.
- Touch-screen operator control interface.
- ‘Easy Open’ pneumatically operated canopy.
- Dry seal gasket prevents wetting operator’s clothes, etc.
- Low loading threshold for loading and unloading.
- Large capacity salt solution reservoir mounted on castors for mobility.
- Calibration certificate.
- Canopy color choice.
- Interior viewing window (Lite model only).
- Easily accessible salt spray atomizer(s) in transparent hard-wearing acrylic.
- Purge of the cabinet interior with fresh air after testing and before the chamber is opened.
- Typical achieved modes and transitions:
• 35°C Salt Spray (100%RH) to 70°C
Air Drying < 30 mins ~(Hyundai CCT B).• 70°C Air drying to 50°C >95% RH
< 20mins ~(Hyundai CCT B).• 50°C >95% RH to Salt Spray 35°C (100%RH)
< 30 mins ~ (Hyundai CCT B, CCT 1, CCT 2, JASO 609, JASO 610).• 60°C Air Drying to -20°C < 60 mins ~
(Honda 5100Z- structure mode). Subzero models only.
Modes of Operation
Ascott CCT chambers are designed to be flexible enough to comply with as many different CCT specifications as possible. As standard they come with the ability to create 4 distinct climates:
- Salt spray, from above or below
- Condensation humidity (wetting)
- Air drying
- Controlled humidity, both with or with out external unit
– which may be programmed to occur in any sequence and be repeated automatically. By choosing from a wide range of optional accessories, these climates may be added to as required to further extend the number of climates and conditions that can be created.
All Ascott test chambers are supplied complete and ready to run. Optional accessories may not therefore be necessary, but some may be considered desirable. Use the link below to see the Ascott Accessories for salt spray chambers:
Ascott Salt Spray Chamber Accessories